Vice President, Product Management, Third-Party Core Developer Platforms
- Seattle, WA
- Posted 4 months ago – Accepting applications
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Sunnyvale, CA, USA; Seattle, WA, USA
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or other relevant product management discipline or equivalent practical experience.
- 15 years of product management experience, with experience building developer-facing products.
- Experience leading teams.
- Experience as a software engineer.
- Advanced degree.
- Understanding of one or more modern developer suites.
- Ability to script or code in a currently prevalent programming language.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to represent and advocate complex business or technical concepts with senior leadership or developer communities.
Every day, billions of users interact with products built on top of Google’s third-party developer platforms. As Vice President of Product Management, you will help lead the evolution of Google’s 3P (Third Party) Developer Platforms. You will steward a product portfolio that includes Google’s most beloved developer products and platforms; as a result, the impact that will be experienced will be global in scope, both internally across the entire developer ecosystem at Google and externally across diverse developer communities who rely on Google products on a daily basis.
You will have extensive Product Management leadership experience in building, serving and innovating developer-oriented offerings, and a deep passion for cutting edge developer products. You will be strategic, creative and innovative, managing a large portfolio of products and in managing efforts across internal and external stakeholders.
The Core team builds the technical foundation behind Google’s flagship products. We are owners and advocates for the underlying design elements, developer platforms, product components, and infrastructure at Google. These are the essential building blocks for excellent, safe, and coherent experiences for our users and drive the pace of innovation for every developer. We look across Google’s products to build central solutions, break down technical barriers and strengthen existing systems. As the Core team, we have a mandate and a unique opportunity to impact important technical decisions across the company.Responsibilities
- Drive the vision, strategy and product excellence in Google’s third party developer offerings, with a particular focus on Machine Learning and Cross-Platform (App and Web) Development products.
- Serve a thriving and ever-growing developer community both internally across Google and externally across a diverse set of developers, including enterprises, developer communities, researchers and academic institutions.
- Manage, lead and grow a team of product managers, partnering closely with teams across engineering, user experience, developer relations, marketing and sales.
- Lead outbound coordination efforts across Product Areas by building relationships, partnering and influencing Product Area leads and their teams across Google.