Senior Director, AdTech Platforms & Intelligence
- San Francisco, CA
- Posted 1 year ago – Accepting applications
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.Job CategoryProducts and TechnologyJob Details
Salesforce is embarking on our own Digital Transformation to deliver customer success for our customers and accelerate our growth. A key target of this transformation is our advertising technology stack and paid media intelligence.
We’re looking for an experienced analytical data leader to lead the strategy and management of Salesforce’s global ad tech platforms across clouds and regions. This leader will bring deep expertise in AdTech and have experience managing the global deployment of systems such as Google Marketing Cloud, real time bidding platforms, ad verification, ad servers, Datorama, and similar technologies.
This leader will be the primary owner of our advertising technology platforms and will lead the effort to create consistency, quality, and value of targeting and intelligence from these platforms. This includes managing the relationships with key partners such as Google, 3rd party data providers, vendor and agency relationships, data experts at Salesforce, and the data and API processes for these platforms.
This leader will partner with Salesforce paid media teams around the world to ensure our advertising technology stack, audience data, targeting, and intelligence enables data driven decisions to enhance the ROI of our paid media spend and create successful customer outcomes. The focus is driving the maturity and enablement of our adtech approach through management of existing technology, acquisition of new vendors and tech, and the development or Salesforce tech and data science processes such as custom bidding algorithms, campaign quality scoring, and similar efforts.
The right candidate brings deep business understanding on the value of paid media data and algorithms along with the technical expertise required to deliver a world class implementation of AdTech platforms. This candidate has a deep background in analytics and data science in the paid media space and understands the cutting edge applications data and advertising technology for paid media. This candidate is able to translate desired business insight outcomes from marketing and customer teams into actionable deployment plans and system design.
This is a highly visible role with wide organizational impact that will require driving alignment, resource allocation, a roadmaps across a number of marketing teams throughout Salesforce. The right leader will bring superb communication, team management, and program management skills in order to ensure the success of this initiative.
- Design the roadmap for Salesforce’s AdTech platform and own the deployment of this platform across our clouds and business units.
- Manage and grow a team of AdTech platform experts and drive the integration and coordination of a wide set of stakeholders currently managing aspects of the advertising technology platforms in different business units and websites.
- Design and drive the cross-functional program to consolidate disparate adtech deployments into a single governing model in compliance with Salesforce Trust and Digital guidelines and best practices
- Own and manage the Salesforce deployment of Google Campaign Manager 360, Google Search Ads 360, Adobe Media Optimizer, Google Ads Data Hub, ad verification technologies, and similar products.
- Design and develop the roadmap for analytical data science products, performance reporting, and paid media intelligence to support effective campaign execution and optimization. This includes dashboards developed in Datorama, Tableau, and similar systems for paid media teams.
- Lead and partners with data science teams in the development of custom algorithms and scoring models for paid media intelligence such as campaign quality scoring, ROI forecasting, customer targeting models, custom bidding algorithms, and similar applications.
- Lead a team culture of critical thinking, creativity, innovation, experimentation, diversity, and inclusivity that aligns with Salesforce core values and enriches the impact, careers, and learning opportunities across the Digital team.
- Be a master in cross-functional collaboration by developing deep relationships with key partners across the company and coordinating with working teams.
- Build and maintain the team brand both internally (speaking in Executive forums, evangelizing on internal social networks) and externally (speaking at industry events, blogs).
- Recruit, mentor, and retain a world-class digital AdTech and paid media intelligence team and participate in recruitment as we scale the wider Data organization within Digital
- Constantly learn, have a clear pulse on innovation across the enterprise SaaS, adtech, paid media, data science, customer data, and analytics communities.
- BA or Master’s in Technology (computer science, computer engineering, economics, applied math, statistics, engineering or other quantitative field) along with an MBA (or equivalent business experience).
- 15-20+ years experience in a combination of paid media, strategy, consulting, customer/product analytics, data-science or equivalent fields
- 10+ years experience managing global AdTech platforms and paid media intelligence at Fortune 500 companies. Must have experience managing AdTech for paid media campaign intelligence across multiple countries, regions, and business units for annualized media budgets of $100M+
- Deep expertise in AdTech platforms such as Google Campaign Manager 360, Google Search Ads 360, real time bidding platforms, dynamic ad servers, and reporting systems such as Datorama. Must have practical, hands on knowledge and ability to design and manage a world class implementation of these platforms.
- Broad understanding of digital marketing analytics and the role of digital analytics and ad tech platforms in evaluating the performance of campaigns, events, paid media, e-commerce, social media, etc. Must have proven expertise managing analytical models such as cohorts, attribution models, customer lifetime value models, etc.
- Deep understanding the advertising data landscape and the application of data science techniques to drive enhanced campaign performance and ROI. This includes using 1st party data for ad targeting, building look-a-like models, custom ad bidding strategies, campaign attribution, ad server data collection, etc.
- Strong data manipulation and database modeling skills. Must be proficient in SQL, understand how to design and evaluate data models, and have the ability to closely partner with data engineers and architects to leverage high scale transactional databases for paid media intelligence use cases.
- Must have advanced knowledge of statistics and proven application in advertising use cases
- Understanding of governmental privacy regulations on the collection and use of customer data (such a GDPR and CCPA) and how this impacts advertising data collection and targeting.
- Proven experience working directly with senior executive leadership and ability to lead significant programs with market impact across multiple business units and/or companies.
- Expert communicator in written and verbal form; ability to work well with executives, technologists, and able to lead and influence across all levels of the organization.
- Inspiring leader with a driven, results-focused attitude that is able to drive multiple large initiatives concurrently across cross-functional teams (Product, Engineering, Customer Success, Product Marketing, SIs, and more).
- Proven experience recruiting and mentoring world class technology and data talent
- Strategic problem solver who simplifies problems to their core elements and finds creative solutions.
- Get-it-done mindset with a strong bias towards action.
- Advanced Salesforce product knowledge a plus.
- B2B customer data experience a plus
Accommodations - If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.Posting Statement
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.