Principal, Core Data Strategy And Operations
- New York, NY
- Posted 2 months ago – Accepting applications
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- 8 years of experience in a relevant functional area (e.g., business development/operations, management consulting, strategy, and/or operations)
- Versatile and knowledgeable across multiple functions including, Engineering, Product, Operations, with working knowledge of Finance and Communications
- Ability to influence executive leaders and partner effectively across teams on cross-functional projects
- Ability to work in ambiguity and in a fast-changing environments, with an entrepreneurial approach
- Long-term strategic thinking balanced with near-term execution skills and the ability to take complex information and distill it into a meaningful and coherent story
- Operational excellence combined with outstanding business acumen, problem solving, project management, and analytical skills
The Data Pillar in Core is a team charged with the mission to unlock the power of Google’s data. We enable product teams to build the next generation of data driven innovations for end-users.
In this role, you'll bring strategic framing, business insight, and operational excellence. The Core Data product suite offers easy-to-use, robust, data management solutions for applications operating at planet-scale. Since many applications and services at Google are data-centric, Core Data solutions serve the diverse needs of customers ranging from Search and Ads to YouTube and Geo. We partner closely with teams across Google, and you will collaborate, build, advise, consult, and share best practices to best serve our customers’ data needs.Responsibilities
- Be the strategic thought partner for one or more Directors/Vice Presidents. Help develop a holistic business strategy that aligns plans, priorities, and resources. Drive organization-wide strategic initiatives to support leadership and the broader team.
- Establish team cadence and processes, including all types of reviews, roadmap development cycle, objectives and key results development, and communications. Drive change management to up-level how the team does these things today and drive consistency and transparency across the full organization.
- Identify and develop key operational processes and cadences to improve overall organizational efficiency and effectiveness. Own day-to-day business operations (e.g., resource allocation, management meetings).
- Help in smoothly connecting the organization with other organizations throughout the company. Work with Engineering, Product, Finance, and Sales leaders across the organization.