HR GENERALIST, Richardson, TX
- Richardson, TX
- Compass Group
- Posted 1 year ago – Accepting applications
At Chartwells Higher Education, people are at the core of our business. Together we build innovative food service concepts and serve fresh, local and nutritious meals at over 270 college campuses across the country. Twice named the Fastest Growing Brand by Nation’s Restaurant News, at Chartwells we take pride in creating opportunities for associates to grow their careers and achieve their development goals within the company.
Working as the HR Generalist, your primary focus will be to support the Human Resources function so that it meets both the needs of the business and of our associates. The HR manager will take the lead role in all of the following functional areas: associate relations, HR specific training, HR legal requirements and compliance, development and revision of HR policies and procedures, associate engagement survey action plan follow up, performance and merit increase monitoring, hiring non-exempt associates and managing data associated with bonus administration.
- Ensures all Company HR related policies are applied consistently.
- Objectively coaches associates and management through complex and difficult issues. Provides guidance to management on appropriate disciplinary action. Assists with on-site investigations.
- Oversees MyOpportunity for hourly recruitment and onboarding.
- Maintains and coordinates associate recognition programs.
- Ensures compliance with all federal and state laws.
- Regularly runs and/or reviews HR activity reports.
- Supports internal customer survey and associate engagement survey interpretation/feedback process.
- Attends department manager meetings to increase HR visibility, conducts classroom training, provides assistance and implements HR initiatives.
- Reviews any request for pay increases or other status changes to ensure internal equity and consistency. Process status change forms.
- Prepares, coordinates and presents HR related topics and other HR related training.
- Acts as the diversity champion by leading assigned tasks and corporate diversity activities including diversity recruiting, retention and promotion goals.
- Assists in the creation of Personal Development Plans, as appropriate, for associates.
- Participates in the Annual Performance Appraisal process.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
- PHR or SPHR designation strongly preferred.
- Three plus years human resources generalist experience, management experience a plus.
- HR experience at a large, multi-unit organization required.
- Previous experience as part of a centralized HR environment, preferably in a corporate setting.
- Intermediate Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills; advanced skills preferred.
- Experience responding to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
- Strong presentation skills required.
- Training certification a plus (i.e. Zenger-Miller, Stephen Covey, etc.).
Apply to Chartwells Higher Education today!
Chartwells Higher Education is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Chartwells Higher Ed are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 503250