Director Of Product Management
- Posted 2 years ago – Accepting applications
BetterLesson empowers K-12 teachers to build a modern classroom: learner-centered, culturally responsive, and personalized. Instead of the conventional one-size-fits-all professional development format for educators, BetterLesson supports teachers in a way that's personalized and continuous - using a mix of remote 1:1 coaching, remote team coaching, remote workshops, and in-person workshops, all supported by the BetterLesson Lab software. We match each teacher with a world-class coach and then leverage our technology to suggest customized teaching strategies, to measure impact on student learning, and to improve teaching practice continuously through rapid iteration. This process leads to off-the-charts teacher love (our data shows teachers love BetterLesson more than Apple users love their iPhones), high administrator engagement, and, most importantly, dramatic teacher and student growth.
BetterLesson has raised over $30M of venture capital and grant funding, serves over 200 school districts, sees 850K+ monthly active users accessing our online lessons and strategies, and is expanding quickly.
About Our Culture
We are a growing team of teaching practice geeks, educational opportunity devotees, and product development specialists who are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion as reflected in and supported by our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Continuum. We place tremendous value on our company's roots and culture: a shared passion to transform professional learning for educators at scale and a sense of urgency to achieve this vision on behalf of students.
BetterLesson is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and value the inclusion of diverse perspectives of our team in support of our work with students and partners. We are deeply committed to providing equitable access and lifting up different voices inside and outside of the organization. We enthusiastically invite individuals of all backgrounds, including people of all races, colors, religions, sexes, pregnancy statuses (including childbirth, lactation, and related medical conditions), national origins, ages, marital statuses, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions, non-disqualifying physical or mental disabilities, and/or any other characteristics unrelated to merit, to apply. At BetterLesson, we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees. All candidates should have the experience, competence, and enthusiasm to dive into our highly dynamic organization headfirst and rapidly solve complex, exciting, and interconnected problems. We offer a unique opportunity to join a small team and make a massive impact on our education system.
About The Role
Reporting to the SVP, Product, the Director of Product Management will be a strategic and operational leader focused on expanding and scaling our offerings. This is an opportunity to not only join a great team, but to lead and grow within a product-led organization.
- Shape BetterLesson's product development and go-to-market strategy in quarterly and annual increments.
- Work in a player-coach capacity as both an integrated Product Owner within an engineering team, and a mentor/manager for more junior product managers.
- Prioritize and maintain a well-groomed product roadmap engineering backlog.
- Engage in ongoing product discovery by partnering with sales, success, marketing, and external partners to research trends and opportunities.
- Collaborate with and empower your partners in product design, learning design, and engineering to develop and test solutions that are useful, usable, and delightful.
- Leverage and integrate data to prioritize and contextualize your decisions.
- Travel 25% of the time to understand customer needs, collaborate with colleagues, and attend industry conferences.
- Passionate about and eager to grow in matters related to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Committed to building and sustaining a collaborative, inclusive environment.
- Data-driven in your decision making and communication.
- Skilled in managing competing priorities to create measurable user and business outcomes.
- Comfortable working with complex data sets and technical teams in Agile settings.
- Knowledgeable of and ahead of trends in the education technology market so that you can shape what's next in our industry.
- A confident communicator with the ability to vary your communication style and approach to meet the needs of various audiences.
- A proven leader with a track record of delivering outcomes, not outputs.
- 3+ years of experience in Product Management [must have]
- 2+ years of experience managing people [nice to have]
- 2+ or more years of experience in education, education technology, or a related field [must have]
- Strong knowledge of the tools of the trade and the ability to be resourceful if constraints arise [must have]
- Scrum Alliance, Pragmatic Institute, or other relevant industry certifications [nice to have]
We Can Offer You:
- The opportunity to work with an awesome team to solve important problems.
- A competitive salary.
- Health and other employee benefits.
- Equity in the business you are helping to build.
- A flexible schedule and vacation policy.
- The opportunity to spend everyday working to improve outcomes for teachers and students.