- Manhattan Beach, CA
- Fisker Inc
- Posted 2 years ago – Accepting applications
About Fisker Inc.
California-based Fisker Inc. is revolutionizing the automotive industry by developing the most emotionally desirable and eco-friendly electric vehicles on Earth. Passionately driven by a vision of a clean future for all, the company is on a mission to become the No. 1 e-mobility service provider with the world’s most sustainable vehicles. To learn more, visit www.FiskerInc.com – and enjoy exclusive content across Fisker’s social media channels: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn. Download the revolutionary new Fisker mobile app from the App Store or Google Play store.
We are looking for an experienced, highly motivated and resourceful Corporate Paralegal to join Fisker’s expanding Legal team. The Corporate Paralegal will support corporate governance matters, subsidiary maintenance, corporate recordkeeping, and commercial and transactional matters, and is likely to be involved in SEC reporting and compliance efforts. This role will report to the VP Legal & Corporate Secretary and will provide cross-functional support to other members of Fisker’s Legal team as well as Fisker’s Finance team, HR team and commercial teams.
The successful candidate should exhibit outstanding interpersonal skills, an entrepreneurial and team-first mentality, and a willingness to elevate standards across the organization. Fisker is a young, growth-focused company and therefore the Corporate Paralegal must thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Manage corporate subsidiaries, director and officer information, corporate recordkeeping, governance policies, and compliance processes, including signatures, mailings and filings.
- Assist with Board and corporate governance matters, including preparation for Board and committee meetings.
- Assist with compliance and corporate governance matters for Fisker’s domestic and international subsidiaries.
- Assist in responding to requests for information and documents from our internal and external auditors, regulators, partners, and other stakeholders.
- Help prepare for Fisker’s annual stockholders’ meeting by developing timelines, coordinating with internal and external stakeholders, and drafting meeting materials.
- Support legal aspects of commercial transactions, financing and capital markets transactions, and M&A and other strategic transactions, which may include data room management and due diligence requests, assisting with closing documents, and coordinating and assisting with contract review.
- Assist other Legal team members with ongoing projects, as requested. These projects may include SEC reporting and compliance (including Section 16 filings), IP management, litigation management, equity plan administration, and the development of a centralized contract repository.
- Assist other functional teams, such as the Finance team, HR team and commercial teams, on an as-needed basis.
Qualifications / Knowledge / Experience
- Paralegal certification and/or bachelor’s degree required.
- 5+ years of relevant corporate paralegal experience with a law firm and/or in-house at a public company. Prior experience in the technology, automotive and electric vehicles industry or a high growth or start-up environment is a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of corporate governance, subsidiary maintenance and corporate recordkeeping is essential. Experience with international entity management is desirable.
- Organized, resourceful self-starter with excellent problem-solving capabilities, judgment, communication (written and verbal), and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams and SharePoint.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and ability to operate independently.
- Strong work ethic, team player and positive attitude.
- Willingness to maintain strict confidentiality due to sensitive nature of role.
Fisker Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment at Fisker Inc. is governed based on merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status. Applicants wishing to view a copy of Fisker Inc.'s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.