Associate Director Of Admissions
- Tyler, TX
- The University Of Texas At Tyler
- Posted 2 years ago – Accepting applications
Required Application Materials
A single PDF or Word document containing a resume, letter of interest, and a list of three (3) professional references is required to apply.
When prompted to upload your “resume”, upload your combined documents as one file.
- Please do not upload documents to “Cover Letter” or “References”.
If the required application materials were not uploaded at the “resume” prompt, please withdraw your application and re-apply to upload your combined documents as one file.
Responsible in collaboration with the Director of Recruitment and College Readiness for developing and implementing admissions goals and strategies that relay UT Tyler’s mission to prospective students. Lead the hiring, training, and supervising of recruitment team members for the Admissions department. Accountable for the recruitment team’s accurate timely processing and maintenance of files prior to enrollment in collaboration with the Assistant Director of Processing. Responsible for the coordination and prioritization of the recruitment staff activities to include travel coordination. Accountable for the effective utilization of the recruitment tools such as the Customer Relations Management (CRM) package, and other platforms available to the team, and for contributing to development and implementation of new related tools. Coordinate with and support the work of the Assistant Director to deliver outstanding on-campus recruitment events and daily/special group tours.
Major Responsibilities/Duties/Critical Tasks
- Supervise Admissions Officers in daily admissions/recruitment activities and projects.
- Oversee processing of applications in all undergraduate admission categories and establishment of initial applicant scholarship eligibility.
- Plan, implement, and analyze marketing campaigns by using the latest research and technologies.
- Oversee the Office of Admissions in the absence of the Executive Director and the Director of Recruitment and College Readiness.
- Must have valid Texas Driver’s License and a reliable vehicle.
Minimum Required Education/Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Three (3) years of experience in Admissions.
- Direct student recruitment experience including making presentations and coordination of events, programs, and collaborative activities across campus constituents, and with off-campus constituents preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
Accompanying Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Competencies
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated computer literacy and use of PCs and word processing packages.
- Required to work two Saturdays per semester for Preview Day and for all Commencement ceremonies.
About The University of Texas at Tyler
The University of Texas at Tyler is part of the prestigious University of Texas System that includes 14 institutions located throughout the state. Founded in 1971, UT Tyler today enrolls more than 10,000 students and consists of six colleges.
Our beautiful Tyler campus features more than 200 acres nestled along a lake and surrounded by thick pine and oak forests, providing a picturesque location for study and recreation. For student convenience, we also maintain regional campuses in Palestine and Longview, as well as a location in Houston.
We encourage you to visit our campus and see for yourself why UT Tyler is where you’ll feel at home—and find your best path.
The retirement plan for this position is Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS), subject to the position being at least 20 hours per week and at least 135 days in length.
The University of Texas at Tyler is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. Women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.