Computer Support Tech
- Austin, TX
- A+ Federal Credit Union
- Posted 8 months ago – Accepting applications
Apply today to be a member of the A+FCU team!
As a Computer Support Technician, your role will be to provide exceptional service to internal members through the timely resolution of IT help desk requests. This is an exciting opportunity to join the Information Technology department of a stable, reputable organization!
- Monitor, answer and take ownership of help desk tickets as submitted.
- Provide helpdesk support and appropriately communicate/document actions required to resolve issues in request tickets.
- Identify/track any emerging trends from submitted tickets and ascertain root cause.
- Escalate issues in a timely manner if problems are not resolved.
- Responsible for adding/deleting all users in and out of all necessary and pertinent systems and groups. Systems will include, but not limited to, Active Directory Users and Groups, Phone and Contact Center systems, Application Xtender, Symitar, fax servers, email servers, call recording, and Solarwinds.
- Properly document all permission needs and delegated based on job titles.
- Configure, troubleshoot, and repair computers and peripherals.
- Software/hardware must be prepared in accordance with hardening standards and in a consistent manner with internal security requirements. This may require heavy lifting, climbing, sitting for prolonged periods and confining positions.
- Responsible in assuring all endpoints deployed will have anti-virus and USB defender installed.
- Perform monthly audits of personnel data to confirm accuracy in Active Directory.
- Create technical support documentation to use within the department and general documentation to provide instructional information for other employees. Maintain documentation as appropriate and as directed by supervisor.
- Travel to branches to provide software/hardware support.
- Track hardware and software inventory.
- Perform proper care and cleaning of all equipment in the computer room.
- Assist vendor technicians with hardware problems and repairs.
- Maintain the security and confidentiality of pertinent information and records.
- Assist with on-call support duties as requested by supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
For more information visit our Careers Page at: https://aplusfcu.org/careers/
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. equivalent
- One year of experience in computer support, help desk, and/or credit union experience preferred
- Moderate understanding of computers with strong logic, research and problem solving skills
- Ability to work flexible hours, including late nights and weekends
- Some heavy lifting, climbing, sitting for prolonged periods and confining positions may be required
- Valid driver's license and insurability
- Pleasant and professional appearance
- Organizer and planner
- Posses decision-making abilities
- Ability and stamina to work at least 40 hours a week
- Will frequently reach, feel, bend, stoop, carry, finely manipulate and key in data
- Ability to communicate heavily through telephone, e-mail and in-person
- Ability to engage in problem-solving skills to help identify and solve potential issues in the field
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.